Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor opens up about considering suicide and surviving Togo terrorist attack

Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor opens up about considering suicide and surviving Togo terrorist attack
Former Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor has openly discussed contemplating suicide.At the age of 16, the former Togo international moved to Ligue 1 side Metz in an attempt to make it in Europe.However, after struggling to support his family at home, Adebayor admitted to feeling like a failure and tried to take his own life.Emmanuel Adebayor has endured plenty of hardships throughout his life3
Emmanuel Adebayor has endured plenty of hardships throughout his life
“I was 16,’ he exclusively told the Daily Mail. “All I wanted to do was help my family out but they put huge pressure on me. I could not cope with it. When a family is poor, everyone is poor and there is huge solidarity. People will take a bullet for you. But when one makes it, it is like you owe everyone.“At Metz I was on maybe 3,000 a month. My family asked for a house worth 500,000. The club were tired of me because of my behaviour. I remember sitting on my bed one night and just thinking ‘What am I doing here? Nobody’s happy with me, so what is the point of living?’“There was a pharmacy below my apartment. I bought packet after packet of tablets. They did not want to sell it to me but I said it was for a charity in Togo. I made the preparations, I drank all the water. I was ready to go. Then I called my best friend at midnight.“He told me not to rush, that I have things to live for. ‘You have the potential to change Africa.’ I thought “You are a dream-seller and I am not buying any dreams right now.’ But he took me out of the moment. I thought God must be keeping for something.”The former Manchester City striker caused controversy with this controversial celebration against former side Arsenal in 20093
The former Manchester City striker caused controversy with this controversial celebration against former side Arsenal in 2009
Now playing for Istanbul Basaksehir, the 35-year-old has endured more than his fair share of hardships in life. Although his career has taken him from Monaco, London, Madrid and now to Istanbul, Adebayor has had to roll with plenty of devastating punches thrown at him by life.After his father died, Adebayor admitted to becoming the ‘captain’ of his own family. In 2007, as captain of the Togo national team, reports claimed he was threatening to pull out of an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Sierra Leone because of a row over bonus payments.Adebayor received death threats, but then scored twice in the game, only to be suspended by the Togo federation along with two of his team-mates.And then, in 2010, the Togo captain was forced to carry his creaming teammates into hospital when the national team bus was ambushed by terrorists travelling through Angola. Prior to the 2010 African Cup of Nations, the Togo national team bus was attacked by gunmen as it traveled through the Angolan province of CabindaSky News3
Prior to the 2010 African Cup of Nations, the Togo national team bus was attacked by gunmen as it traveled through the Angolan province of Cabinda
Of the attack, the former Crystal Palace striker said: “For 42 minutes, all we heard were gunshots. Left, right, front and back. I just heard friends shouting but we could not move or do anything.“As captain, I told everyone to call their families. I called my girlfriend and I told her ‘Listen, I am about to go.’“She said ‘Go where?’ She was pregnant. I said ‘If the child is born, if it is a boy, name him Emmanuel Jr. If it is a girl, name her Princess Emannuela. She said ‘What are you talking about?’ And then I just had to say ‘I will call you later if I am still alive.”

Lukasz Fabianski has endeared himself to West Ham fans

Everton vs Man City LIVE stream, what TV channel, team news and kick off time from Goodison Park Man City travel to Everton looking to keep up the pressure on league leaders Liverpool By Sam Street
Premier League TV, streaming schedule - ProSoccerTalk

Mohamed Salah spurned two glorious opportunities against Everton

Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jovic has been a long-term target for Liverpool and the Reds are almost certain to miss out on his signature to Real Madrid. It was revealed that the player has agreed to a six-year deal with the Los Merengues ahead of a summer move to the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
Real Madrid signs striker Luka Jovic - UPI.com

Fantastic Media Stand, John Smiths Stand, Britannia Rescue Stand, and Revell Ward Stand

News list for paul coyte dreams of introducing spurs as champions league winners and reveals jose mourinho prediction /I must admit, I've thought about how I'd introduce the team if they win, but just thinking about it makes my stomach turn.
Tottenham news: Paul Coyte dreams of introducing Spurs as

Coutinho has struggled at Barcelona

Chelsea fans tell Maurizio Sarri: 'Now pick Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Callum Hudson-Odoi all the time' The two academy graduates starred during the 3-0 victory over Brighton By Sean O'Brien
Chelsea fans tell Maurizio Sarri: 'Now pick Ruben Loftus

Dyche (L) won the Championship with Burnley in 2016

Alfredo Morelos has told Rangers his preferred destination is the Premier League - if he is to leave the club this summer. The Colombian striker hit 30 goals in a landmark season at Ibrox. His combative style of play, instinctive goalscoring ability and the fact he's only 23-year-old reportedly has many clubs interested in his services.

Harry Winks could miss the north London derby through injury

Gonzalo Higuain became the 36th striker signed by Chelsea under Roman Abramovich when he joined the club on Wedensday. And for every Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka, there was a Patrick Bamford or Radamel Falcao.
Is Gonzalo Higuain the man to save Sarri-ball? | Daily Mail

Sadio Mane is in terrific goalscoring form

Fulham have resigned themselves to losing starlet Ryan Sessegnon this more experience before making a move to Manchester United. Bailly has emerged as a shock transfer target for
Man Utd and Tottenham target Ryan Sessegnon chooses next club

Racial slurs were overheard at Wembley

Tottenham stadium update: Spurs face another important week in bid to have new ground ready for Christmas. Failing to pass upcoming safety tests will force Tottenham to wait until 2019 to open
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Wikipedia

Hazard has been Chelsea’s standout player this season

Bournemouth looked to take the lead early in the second half, and Wilson hit a header off target before Pugh did the same with a volley. Chelsea made them pay for those misses; in the 53rd minute, Arter's clearance was intercepted by Cahill, who sprinted past Wilson and sent a long ball to Costa.
Champions League - latest news, results, fixture and draw

Suarez and Robertson were involved in a fierce battle
21 1992, The Times, #64286, UK (en)_djvu.txt
audio All Audio latest This Just In Grateful Dead Netlabels Old Time Radio 78 RPMs and Cylinder Recordings. Live Music Archive. Top
28 December 2018 News Archive | Daily Mail Online | Daily

1965

Leicester express interest in Luton Town starlet James Justin as boss Brendan Rodgers aims to provide competition for places at full-back could not respond to other jobs' Aaron Rodgers, Nina
03 November 2017 News Archive | Daily Mail Online | Daily

Eden Hazard and Chelsea take on Arsenal in Baku tonight

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho congratulated Petr Cech on an amazing career after the former Chelsea custodian announced that he decided to call it a day at the end of this season.
Jose Mourinho congratulates Petr Cech on his - tribuna.com

These players will never forget this day

Chelsea star Eden Hazard drops another Real Madrid transfer hint when asked on TV CHELSEA star Eden Hazard appeared to hint he could leave Chelsea at the end of the season after he was quizzed on
Transfer News: Chelsea star Eden Hazard hints at summer

Liverpool players celebrate their last league title win in 1990.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer gives up on two Man Utd transfer targets. Man Utd are reportedly resigned to the fact they will not be able to tempt two targets to Old Trafford this summer
What Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said when asked if Liverpool are

Post a Comment

0 Comments